Represented Arizona cannabis retailers and growers with respect to business formations, governance, vendor agreements, licensing, acquisitions and other transactions.
Daniel A. SchenckDaniel Schenck Clark Hill
Daniel A. Schenck
Dan is a corporate attorney with a focus on technology-related transactions. He has practical work experience from personally founding start-ups to Fortune 500 telecom management. He now serves as the outside general counsel for many of his clients, advising on key business matters.
Corporate Transactions - Daniel has significant transactional experience across multiple jurisdictions, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A), stock transactions, private securities offerings, supply-chain, manufacturing, equipment purchases/leases, distribution, service agreements, and vendor agreements.
Technology - Daniel is a member of the firm’s technology team, assisting in transactions involving product development, procurement, licensing, distribution, outsourcing, supply chain, information technology (IT), vendor agreements, software as a service (SaaS), cloud computing, hosting, e-commerce, and confidentiality agreements.
Business Counseling - Daniel handles a full array of business matters for his clients, including entity formation, corporate governance, policies and procedures, labor and employment, market expansion, contract forms, and trade secrets. He assists clients in core transactions involving debt and equity financing and real estate purchases/leases. Daniel also manages his clients’ pre-litigation disputes by conducting claims analysis and, when advisable, settlement negotiations.
Daniel’s personal interests include technology, water skiing, soccer, tennis, and snowboarding. He lived in Japan from 1995-96 and is conversant in Japanese.
Publications and Presentations
- Served on Expert Panel on “How to Sell Your Business/Exit Strategy” for Arizona Small Business Association’s AZSmallBizCon, in May 2016.
- Moderated "Protecting Your Assets Early" for Arizona Technology Council's Startup ConnectAZ Conference, in December 2015.
- Presented “Internet & Cloud Legal Issues” for Arizona Small Business Association’s AZSmallBizCon, in May 2014.
- Moderated “eCommerce and SaaS Expert Panel” for Arizona Technology Council’s Startup ConnectAZ Conference, in December 2013.
- Presented “How Your Corporate Website Can Get You Into Hot Water” for Association of Corporate Counsel, Arizona Chapter, in November 2013.
- Presented “HIPAA & the HITECH Act: What’s New, What’s Not, and Steps for Navigating the Future of Privacy and Security Rules” at National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs’ Northwest Regional Conference at Oregon State University – Cascades Campus in April 2012.
- Authored “The Next Step for Brownfields: Government Reinsurance of Environmental ‘Cleanup’ Policies,” 10 Conn. Ins. L.J. 401, 2004.
Advised an Arizona commercial growing facility and associated dispensary on the dispensary certificate application process, various corporate transactions, regulatory compliance, litigation, and Department of Health Services matters.