Chris S. HopkinsChris Hopkins Clark Hill
Chris S. Hopkins
Chris S. Hopkins is an Associate with the Litigation Practice Group in Clark Hill’s Chicago office. Chris helps families avoid and resolve difficult transitions of businesses, wealth, and real property. Chris represents individuals, financial institutions and closely held business owners in a variety of contested matters, including trust, estate, guardianship, and real property litigation. Judges in the Probate Division of the Circuit Court of Cook County regularly appoint Chris to serve as a Guardian Ad Litem in disabled estates.
Chris also has extensive experience representing real estate investors, owners, receivers, and property managers in commercial evictions, rental and lease disputes, and actions involving the City of Chicago and the Municipal Code of Chicago. Chris serves as Chair of the Real Estate Committee of the Young Lawyers Section of the Chicago Bar Association.
Outside of the office, Chris serves as a member of the Associate Board for Teen Living Programs, an organization raising awareness and support for Chicago-area youth who are experiencing homelessness. While Chris continues to play “competitive” ice hockey and enjoys learning about new places to scuba dive, most of his free time is spent chasing around his recently-adopted pound puppy, Hank.
- Presenter, “Heeding the Red Flags – Spotting Financial Exploitation,” Paychex Seminar, September 2017
- Co-Presenter, “Powers of Attorney & Guardianship: What You Need to Know,” Social Work Age Training, Rush University Hospital, April 2017
- Co-Presenter, “Representing Principals in Difficult Situations,” IICLE® 12th Annual Elder Law Short Course, November 2016
- Presenter, “Commercial Evictions: Navigating the Dispute,” Young Lawyers Real Estate Section of the Chicago Bar Association, November 2016
- Moderator, “Commercial Real Estate Leasing,” Young Lawyers Real Estate Section of the Chicago Bar Association, November 2016