Carrie DouglasCarrie Douglas Clark Hill
Carrie L. Douglas is a trial attorney who focuses her practice on complex business and commercial disputes. She has represented companies in an array of complex commercial disputes involving breach of contract and business torts.
Carrie counsels health care providers regarding development of strategies to maximize reimbursement, defend against recoupment requests, and maintain compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
Carrie represents clients in matters involving admiralty and maritime demurrage and commercial disputes, as well as contract disputes with limited partnerships.
Carrie currently serves as Co-Chair of StrasburgerBOLD - San Antonio, the firm's strategy to promote women within the firm, the legal profession, and San Antonio's business community.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing collateral attack of prior judgment (Chambers County [Anahuac] 2010, affirmed by First Court of Appeal (355 S.W.3d 155)) including expansion of law as it relates to segregation of attorney fees
- Participated on trial team for Plaintiff Doctors Hospital in Doctors Hospital and GE HFS v. Beazley Insurance Co. Successfully represented Doctors Hospital in United States District Court regarding insurer's breach of contract. The verdict was ranked among the top 100 national and top 25 verdicts of 2010
- Successfully resolved overpayment and recoupment demands in the provider's favor
- Negotiated favorable settlements for healthcare clients involving under-reimbursement of insurance claims by national health insurance companies
- Negotiated favorable settlements for clients in commercial litigation cases
- Participated on trial and appellate team in a multi-million dollar property damage suit with over 200 plaintiffs against a multi-national geophysical exploration company
- Prosecuted and defended requests for injunctive relief related to violations of agreements containing covenants not to compete and non-disclosure agreements
- Review and revise physician employment contracts
- Represented healthcare clients regarding actions related to peer review and medical committee privilege as well as business disputes and contractual issues
- Provided advice and counsel to various energy and engineering entities on contractual matters including arbitration issues, choice-of-law provisions, and forum-selection clause
- First-chaired a commercial litigation trial regarding breaches of a limited partnership agreement and a breach of a general and limited partners fiduciary duties to the limited partnership
- Socio Economic Conference: Anatomy of a Lawsuit, UT Health San Antonio (June 2017)
- Dispelling the Myths About Medical Reimbursements, Strasburger Client Presentation (January 2016)
- Physicians' Employment Contracts: A Survival Guide for Your First Contract (September 2014)
- Fighting for Reimbursement, San Antonio Medical Group Management Association (February 2014)
- FLSA Wage & Hour Pitfalls: When Pinching Pennies Costs Your Dollars, San Antonio CPA Society (February 2014)
- Medical Covenants Not to Compete: Traps for the Unwary, Victory Healthcare Medical Staff Meeting (July 2013)
- Fighting for Reimbursement, Houston CPA Society (May 2013)
- Breaking the Glass Ceiling: Lessons from Wal-Mart and Costco?s Class Action Woes, American Petroleum and Labor Lawyers Association (October 2006)
- Strategies for Dealing with Bad Facts in Deposition, Trial and Other Circumstances, Association of Women Attorneys (May 2006)
- Legal Update, Greater Houston Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (March 2006)