Bethany G. StawaszBethany Stawasz Clark Hill
Bethany G. Stawasz
Bethany Stawasz has a wide-range of experience representing clients in litigation matters as a Senior Attorney with the Litigation Practice Group in Clark Hill’s Detroit office. From individuals and closely-held corporations to national banks, original equipment manufacturers, and a major airline, Beth has served clients in matters including actions for breach of contract and fiduciary duty, claims arising under the Uniform Commercial Code, real estate disputes, actions for violation of consumer protection and lending laws, supply chain warranty claims, and other matters affecting business clients.
Some of Beth’s recent successes include the following:
- Obtained a trial verdict in favor of client bank on claims that bank employees defrauded and embezzled customer’s account funds
- Achieving voluntary dismissal of multi-million dollar breach of fiduciary duty case following discovery
- Obtaining dismissal or summary judgment in favor of client financial institutions in dozens of actions alleging violation of federal and state lending laws, including the Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and state foreclosure laws
- Achieving dismissal of class action consumer protection claims against major airline
- Obtaining summary judgment in favor of client OEM on claims for breach of requirements contract
Beth also has appellate experience in both the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the Michigan Court of Appeals; has advised clients on compliance with federal and state lending laws; and has drafted compliance manuals for use by large institutional clients.
In 2016, Beth was named a Rising Star by Michigan Super Lawyers, a consumer guide to outstanding attorneys based on a multi-step selection process including a survey and peer review. She also has been honored by the Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association Barristers with their President’s Award, which is granted annually to one young attorney whose early career has exhibited high standards of service to the profession, clients, and public.
Beth is honored to serve on Clark Hill’s Leadership Forum, in which she acts as a liaison between the firm’s upper management and professional staff. Outside the office, she is an active member of the Polish National Alliance and Inforum Michigan. She also serves the Church of the Divine Child in Dearborn, Mich., as Chair of the Christian Service Commission and a member of the Parish Council.