Barbara A. KennedyBarbara Kennedy Clark Hill
Barbara A. Kennedy
For 35 years, Barbara A. Kennedy has represented owners, developers, investors, lenders and borrowers in a broad spectrum of real estate transactions. Her experience includes:
- negotiating and drafting real estate contracts for the acquisition and sale of virtually every property type, including office buildings, retail centers, apartment complexes, senior living facilities, industrial sites, raw land, and other income-producing properties.
- negotiating and drafting commercial leases on behalf of both landlord and tenant clients for office buildings, data centers, shopping centers and malls, industrial sites,æand offices/warehouses.
- handling acquisition, construction and development loans, secured transactions, loan workouts, restructures and foreclosures.
In addition to real estate, Barbara has represented clients in various other transactions, including entity organization, the purchase and sale of business assets, contracts relating to businesses and other matters incidental to business operations.
- Representation of a Dallas-based real estate investment partnership for over 30 years, including the leasing and redevelopment of approximately nine acres on Stemmons Freeway near the Design District. Most recently, Barbara handled negotiations of the sale of the facility to developers seeking to construct a state-of-the-art practice facility for a professional basketball team on this property. In the past, she has counseled the partnership on leasing issues for a variety of tenants, including a high tech data center, a craft beer brewer, the DART police, and a specialty store for cars and trucks, and others.
- Closed the sale of the U.S. headquarters of one of the most prominent smartphone vendors in the world. This 460,297-square-foot office complex and two parking garages on nearly 13 acres of property was located in the Las Colinas Urban Center in Irving.
- Negotiated the resolution of a dispute between a Wall Street Hedge Fund and the owner of a nationally franchised hotel. The dispute was settled before possible foreclosure action and bankruptcy filing.
- Represented owner of national real estate firm, with large retail portfolio, in the acquisition of shopping center in Austin and provided legal opinion as local Texas counsel on acquisition loan.
- Represented the purchaser of a shopping center in Fort Worth, a bank building in Dallas, a single tenant property housing a fitness center in Frisco, and a multi-tenant property in Dallas.
- Negotiated and closed the acquisition of a convenience store (real estate, inventory, restaurant franchises and FFE) in Texarkana.
- Negotiated and closed the sale by New York syndicator of apartments in Greenville.
- Represented veterinarian in the acquisition of veterinary practice and the shopping center in which the practice is located.
- Represented franchise owner in acquisition of property for construction of franchise chicken restaurant in Desoto.
- Represented national loan servicer in the foreclosure of several commercial properties in Texas
- Represented car dealer in the purchase of properties for dealerships in Bedford and Fort Worth.
- Represented investor in the acquisition, refinance and sale of numerous multifamily properties in the DFW area.