Ana WatsonAna Watson Clark Hill
Ana Watson represents primary and excess insurers and reinsurers with respect to their North American exposures. Ana is skilled at assisting foreign and domestic carriers with pre-underwriting risk assessments and managing the claims portfolios of prestigious medical centers and workers' compensation insurers nationwide. She has worked with insureds to improve their risk and claims management practices, and draws on her litigation experience to favorably resolve multi-million dollar personal injury claims for her clients. She also regularly provides coverage analyses and policy drafting services with respect to a variety of exposures.
Ana belongs to the Chicago Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, the Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys, the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management and the Professional Liability Underwriting Society.
Presentations & Publications
- Panelist, “Birth Injury Claims: How to Effectively Evaluate, Defend and Resolve these Catastrophic Claims,” CLM Medical Legal Summit, June 2015
- Panelist, "Culture, Cost and Consequences: The Real Impact of Claims and Risk Management on Health Care Providers," Crittenden Medical Insurance Conference, San Diego, CA 2014
- Presenter, "Claim Trends & Legal Developments in U.S. Healthcare 2014," Lloyds Reinsurance Group, London, 2014
- Panelist, "Batch Coverage: The Importance of Open Dialogue Between the Insured and Insurer," ASHRM, Anaheim, CA, 2014
- Co-presenter, “Healthcare 2010: Year in Transition,” Bermuda Society for Healthcare Risk Management, Hamilton, Bermuda, April, 2010