Alison J. CrossAlison Cross Clark Hill
Alison J. Cross
Alison Cross works with both lenders and borrowers in commercial finance transactions. Focused primarily in the areas of commercial and industrial lending, real estate lending, and health care lending, Alison documents loans secured by a variety of collateral, including real property, equipment, inventory, securities accounts and other assets. She has experience with loan workouts and restructurings, as well asæforeclosure of commercial real estate, oil and gas interests and aircraft.
She has represented national and regional banks, healthcare institutions, manufacturing companies, EB-5 regional centers and non-profits, as well as other borrowers and lenders.
Alison is the Immediate PastæCo-Chair of StrasburgerBOLD - Dallas, the firm's strategy to promote women within the firm, the legal profession, and Dallas' business community.
- Represented agent in a $56 million loan to a grocery store chain secured by assets of and membership interests in the companies.
- Represented lender in $50 million loan to a financial services company guaranteed by the company's Japanese parent.
- Represented lender in $45 million loan to developer for the construction of a hotel and convention center, including negotiations with mezzanine lender.
- Represented agent in $36 million loan to developer for the construction of apartment complex in Fort Worth, TX.
- Represented lender in $24 million loan to an issuer in connection with the refinance of existing debt of a non-profit education corporation.
- Represented lender in an $18 million loan to a restaurant chain secured by all assets of the companies.
- Represented credit union in a $14 million loan to a steel distributor secured by the company's leasehold interests in real property.
- Represented lender in $7 million loan secured by 88 properties located in multiple states.
- Represented multiple lenders in sponsor backed acquisition financings, including negotiation of intercreditor agreements.
- Represented lender in multiple loans to doctor groups to finance the development of surgical centers and free standing emergency departments.
- Represented lender in a loan to a company for the construction and operation of a memory care facility.
- Advised lender with respect to taking Medicare/Medicaid receivables as collateral for loans.
- Advised two healthcare institutions in connection with loans to finance working capital and refinance existing indebtedness.
- Documented intercompany loans for healthcare institution.
- Advised a non-profit corporation in loan negotiations related to the purchase of headquarters in Dallas, TX.
- Advised participant lender in syndicated credit facilities ranging from $200 million - $1.5 billion.
- Advised a manufacturing company in the negotiation and documentation of a new $20 million credit facility secured by business assets.
- Represented bank in loans to franchisees of national franchisor governed by master agreement and guaranteed by franchisor.
- Member of team representing administrative agent in syndicated credit facilities in media and telecom, energy and health care industries.
- Represented bank in loan secured by works of art.
- Represented lender in aircraft financings.
- Represented an EB-5 Regional Center in connection with financing the development of multi-family residences.
- Represented an EB-5 Regional Center in connection with the financing the expansion of a restaurant chain, including negotiation of a bridge loan and intercreditor agreement.
- Represented lenders in foreclosure of commercial real estate, oil and gas interests and aircraft.
- Represented lender in sale of bank owned properties.
- Texas Lenders' Foreclosure Tools, Strasburger Lender Alert (November 2015)
- Calculating Deficiencies and Offsets: How to Make Fair Market Value Truly Fair, Strasburger Lender Alert (July 2015)
- Strasburger & Price Wants to Help Women Combine Careers, Home Life, The Dallas Morning News (May 2014)