Firm Operations Opportunities
Clark Hill frequently recruits talent to support our attorneys as they deliver exceptional service to our clients. We are seeking to hire highly-motivated individuals who understand the importance of service to both internal and external clients, and are truly team players. The skills and work ethic of our firm operations colleagues are essential to ensuring the quality of our work product and the efficient and effective operation of our growing organization.
Primary responsibility of the Exchange & Cloud Services Engineer is to manage and analyze the systems which comprise the Exchange and Cloud Services environment used by Clark Hill PLC. This person, under the supervision of the Director of IT Infrastructure, designs, develops, analyzes, installs, and documents the Firm’s infrastructure of Exchange servers, Office 365 Cloud Services, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and other Cloud, IaaS, and SaaS Infrastructure. Must have a strong working knowledge of Windows Powershell, Windows Server operating systems, and VMWare ESXi virtualization technologies.
- Recommend and implement server system specifications and improvements. Serve, as part of a team of Systems Engineers, as a primary analyst, administrator, and problem solver for Exchange and Cloud Services infrastructure.
- Lead our Exchange transformation effort, by migrating our Exchange 2010 workloads to Exchange Online and/or Exchange 2016.
- Lead the firm’s transition to a cloud-first model of enterprise service delivery, by building a roadmap for other Office 365, Azure, AWS, IaaS, and SaaS Services.
- Design, analysis and administration of production Windows Servers on VMWare. This includes file servers, web servers, database servers and specialty application servers
- Design, analysis and administration of additional IT applications including Active Directory accounts & permissions, inventory and licensing.
- Coordinates with staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to resolve problems, implement product improvements, and design new solutions.
- Assist other administrators with analysis and administration of all storage devices.
- Assist other administrators with analysis and administration of all Citrix systems.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions of server hardware and software applications to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Provides required technical assistance and training to IT staff as needed
- Responsible for on-going maintenance and operations of all cloud and on-prem servers in the environment; proactively identify issues.
- Performs software installations and upgrades to Windows operating systems and layered software packages, when necessary.
- Schedules installations and upgrades in accordance with established IT policies, procedures and SLAs.
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum level of performance.
- Drives automation of standard operating procedures for continuous improvement.
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
- Creates and maintains a comprehensive hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation and diagrams
- May be required to work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Some travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft email and collaboration systems, including Exchange 2010 or higher, Exchange Online and other Office 365 tools.
- Advanced knowledge of IaaS and SaaS platforms, including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft platforms, including Windows Server 2008 or higher, Azure, Active Directory Services, and Group Policy.
- Advanced knowledge of VMWare ESXi 4.x or higher.
- Advanced knowledge of PowerShell and PowerShell scripting.
- Knowledge of Storage Area networks and enclosures including Dell Equalogic.
- Working proficiency in English (written and oral); ability to communicate clearly with clients and colleagues in a work environment.
- Must have good problem solving and troubleshooting skills as well as good communication and customer interface skills.
- Excellent customer service skills are required, including ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Familiarity with Law Firm practices and applications is nice to have but not required.
- Ability to work under stress and short time frames.
- MCSE certification a plus.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an information systems-related field; or
- Six or more years work experience in a technical environment.
The Director of IT Applications is responsible for the complete application landscape used to support the Firm. Included in this scope are all internal applications hosted within the Clark Hill Strasburger IT environment, SaaS (Software as a Service) applications to which the Firm subscribes and applications which may be used on mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones. This Resource is responsible for the strategy for functionality (business analysis), identification of solutions, implementation and on-going support of those solutions. The Director of Applications will manage the support teams, both internal and external necessary to execute this function. The role will manage the Training Function within IT to ensure alignment between the applications and the instruction provided. This role is also responsible for communication from IT to the user community including items such as newsletters and briefings.
- Develop the strategy for, implementation of, and support of the comprehensive application landscape for Strasburger.
- Working with the Business, identify new requirements and recommend solutions to address those needs. Implement the solutions including both technical and organization change management as needed.
- Maintain current solutions including patching, updates and upgrades.
- Lead, manage and develop resources responsible for implementation and support of all solutions.
- Actively manage vendors providing SaaS solutions.
- Ensure all licensing and subscriptions are maintained at an appropriate level.
- Ensure all SaaS providers meet the necessary security benchmarks as part of the renewal process.
- Develop appropriate policies, processes and work instructions as necessary to support the function.
- Develop comprehensive Training Strategy and Plan to support the Firm; ensure Training Strategy is effectively executed.
- Ensure integration and alignment as needed across different areas of IT and other functions within the Firm.
- Where needed, work to develop custom applications using agile methodology to meet business requirements.
- Budget and financial responsibility for the Applications within the IT financials.
- Coordinate as needed with other IT groups including Infrastructure, Customer Service, Procurement and Library.
- Develop relationships within the Firm to effectively execute the job function.
- Coordinate communication as necessary from IT to the Firm
- Act as a Project Manager as needed for initiatives within the IT Department.
- Participate and help to ensure IT is a key resource across the firm; position Information Technology as an enabler.
- Ability to lead and manage a support team.
- Ability to work with other resources and teams within IT and the Firm.
- Maintain awareness of changes in the industry, both Legal and IT, in order to ensure the Firm is appropriately positioned from an application landscape.
- Ensure appropriate level of awareness of key solutions to provide effective support.
- Ability to manage development teams using Agile methodology.
- Some travel and overtime may be required.
- 10-15 years of Experience in Information Technology.
- B.S. degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- M.S. degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
Qualified candidates will have one to two years filing experience in a professional office. Experience or education in the legal field a plus. Primary responsibilities include assisting legal administrative assistants with document organization, indexing, and filing for a group of attorneys. Must be proficient in Microsoft applications and able to left items weighing up to 25 pounds. Should possess strong communication, organizational and time management skills. Must be able to work well in a team setting as well as independently. Positive, professional, detail-oriented individuals are encourage to apply.
This high-impact role will directly influence the Firm’s technology and product roadmaps for web-based applications, along with how we grow and keep our users engaged.
- Maintain, enhance, and upgrade our web server/application suite based on business and developer requirements.
- Develop sites using industry standard code and technologies.
- Contribute to our transition to a service-oriented architecture, and support third party application onboarding/offloading.
- Partner with other firm departments to identify business needs and translate those into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements.
- Be aware of technology shifts and make recommendations beneficial to the success of the Firm.
- Develop technical requirements based on business need.
- Support other firm software packages such as Needles, box, and other applications that the firm may utilize.
- Serve as a key business process analyst and technology solutioning specialist between attorneys, business units, and IT.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7+ years in the IT industry and a good understanding of the full life cycle of development.
- 6+ years of MS-SharePoint developer experience (MS-SharePoint 2016/13, MS-SharePoint On-Line Application/Solution development) worked as a Technical SME for SharePoint, previously implemented SharePoint based Business solutions, branding, Business Process Automation, Content Management, Dashboard/Reporting.
- 5+ years of experience developing interactive web applications using a dynamic scripting language like PHP, .Net, Python, or Perl.
- 3+ years of SharePoint workflow solution developer experience using industry standard forms and workflow technologies.
- 1+ years of developer experience using SharePoint Designer.
- 1+ year of O365/ SharePoint Online sites design, development, creation and maintenance experience.
- Proficient with responsive design and mobile-friendly HTML.
- Proficient with SQL and Relational Databases, especially MySQL and/or RDS.
- Proficient with Search Engine Optimization. Demonstrated methods to drive user visibility.
- Comfortable using revision control methodology.
- The ability to provide detailed specifications, mockups/prototypes, and style guides.
- Understanding of active directory.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
Experience, Education, and Training Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science (or comparable field).
- Provide technical leadership through design, initiative, creativity, and improving the performance of junior staff
- Manage work assignments to meet deadlines of self and others.
- Translate business and design goals into a quality deliverable.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator position requires a self-starter and a team player. This position is responsible for coding vendor invoices, obtaining proper approvals, processing expense reports, as well as vendor statement research. This position also requires excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers. An extensive knowledge of the general ledger account numbering system and extensive knowledge of our billing system is also required.
- Responsible for obtaining all vendor W-9 information and making sure vendors are set up correctly in the accounting system according to the vendor terms.
- Process approximately 1,200 vendor invoices and 300 employee expense reimbursements per month.
- Reconcile vendor statements monthly.
- Maintain “key vendor list” in order to ensure all critical monthly invoices are paid.
- Pull back up as needed for our clients.
- Assist attorneys and legal administrative assistants as needed with special reports and/or requests.
- May be asked to perform other accounting duties either due to absence or high volume.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of Elite accounting system, specifically with Accounts Payable, General Ledger, and Chart of Accounts. General knowledge of the Firm’s billing system.
- Must be a self-starter as well as a team player.
- Excellent data entry skills and attention to detail.
- 10-key by touch.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Must have good phone etiquette and ability to deal with people both within and outside the Firm.
- Must be dependable and trustworthy.
- Possess a demeanor in keeping with a professional legal office.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least 5 years of accounts payable experience.
- Elite and law firm experience a plus.
The Legal Administrative Assistant (LAA) handles all secretarial duties for designated attorneys. The secretary must maintain positive contact with clients and maintain confidentiality of client matters. The LAA may perform billable work at the request of an attorney.
- Types letters, memoranda, and other legal documents from notes or dictation from attorney or paralegal;
- Accepts incoming calls to attorneys and responds appropriately. Relays messages on to the attorney in a timely manner;
- Sorts all incoming mail and distributes accordingly;
- Opens new files, checks conflicts of interest, maintains all client hard copy and electronic files, and saves documents to the DM. Closes files and archives as necessary;
- Receives visitors/clients, maintains good public relations, maintains confidentiality of attorney-client relationship;
- Schedules appointments, maintains calendar, makes travel arrangements, and reminds attorneys of such;
- Works closely with assignments to ensure deadlines are met daily;
- Enters timekeeper’s time in Carpe Diem, if timekeepers can't enter their own;
- Completes expense reimbursement reports through Chrome River for assigned attorneys;
- Performs other duties as assigned by timekeeper(s) or Office Manager;
- Volunteers to help other secretaries meet deadlines as time allows.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES:
- Experience in Commercial Real Estate and Corporate law.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Adobe, and document management systems, and demonstrated ability to learn any department specific software;
- Ability to work in a collaborative teamwork environment and share information, goals, opportunities, successes and challenges with the appropriate parties proven through experience;
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent proofreading skills proven through experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills proven through experience;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel proven through experience;
- Ability to be flexible to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities proven through experience;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks proven through experience.
- Should be familiar with legal terminology and procedures.
- Should be dependable, trustworthy, and able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Should possess a demeanor in keeping with a professional legal office.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and teams with all members of the Marketing and Business Development department, focusing on providing marketing support to the Dallas and Collin County offices. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assisting with event coordination, press releases, attorney biographies and announcements, firm communications, sponsorship agreements, website updates, newsletters and webinars.
- Assist with planning and executing webinars and other firm events, including, invitation distribution, RSVP tracking, onsite and reporting back post event
- Create initial attorney biography drafts, route for review, incorporate edits, obtain final authorization, and then load finalized biographies onto the firm portal.
- Draft, obtain approval and release of firm press releases.
- Update firm website content as needed.
- Maintain a calendar of events and sponsorships and identify needs to effectively execute and follow up on programs.
- Assist with maintenance of social media presence.
- Provide support and backup for the CRM program, including adding and deleting contacts, researching missing information, printing reports and list analysis.
- Prepare basic pitch materials
- Assist with submissions to rankings and directories
- Support on national marketing initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, journalism, business, or related field.
- Three + years of marketing or similar experience, preferably in legal or other professional services environment.
- Outstanding technology skills, and a high-level proficiency with in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team orientation and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience with creation of newsletters, working with sponsors, and event coordination (preferred).
- Well organized
- “Can-do” attitude with willingness to learn.
- Periodic travel is required.
Responsible for timekeeper/employee maintenance and client billing and processing. Billing work includes performing standard edits and adjustments, processing proformas and/or final bills upon attorney/counsel review. Input and update invoices on the accounting system and upload to electronic billing systems, as required. Research and answer billing questions from attorney(s)/counsel, secretaries, and clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Setup and maintain timekeeper/employee master file data, including billing rates.
- Format, generate and update various Excel spreadsheets.
- Generate various reports for distribution (monthly and on demand)
- Create and maintain procedure manual for job related functions.
- Setup and maintain timekeeper/employee master file data in the Accounting software system, including billing rates.
- Generate and distribute correspondence regarding time entry deadlines.
- Monitor and report late time, weekly and monthly.
- Participate in month end close routine.
- Provide support to billing team on various projects and/or tasks.
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal parties and external clients of the Firm. Initiate and respond to client contact as well as internal communications.
- Ensure monthly billing is completed by firm deadlines.
- Prepare documentation in accordance with Firm policy.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries (assistants), administrative staff and clients.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Research and analyze client billing inquiries and returned mail.
- Provide input for new billing formats as needed.
- Understand and apply Firm billing policies.
- Understand and comply with individual client billing guidelines.
- Observe and maintain confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Establish and maintain client billing files and billing notes for each attorney/counsel.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Business, or related discipline or college level accounting classes (in lieu of a degree) with 3-5 years or more hands-on billing experience in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Elite or equivalent accounting software experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office.
- Excellent professional communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks through organizational and prioritization skills.
- Must display good judgment and make sound decisions.
- Must be flexible to change and be an enthusiastic supporter of departmental goals.
- Must be focused and persistent, with a willingness to ask direct questions.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, including weekends and evenings (particularly during the 4th quarter).
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is a necessity.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please specify “Billing Clerk” in the subject line.
Clark Hill PLC is seeking an experienced EBilling Coordinator for its Detroit, MI or Pittsburgh, PA office. This position is responsible for the administration and management of electronic billing for the firm. The EBilling Coordinator gathers information and documents to facilitate set up of new clients in the designated ebilling software; collaborates with the billing team members to ensure timely submission of invoices and resubmissions of corrected and/or appealed invoices; and is responsible for follow through of ebilled invoices to ensure payment.
- Management, administration and maintenance of ebilling process including documentation, training, analysis, follow up and reporting. Maintain a profile for each electronic billing vendor being utilized by the firm, including policies, billing guidelines, and contact information. Document ebilling process including specific steps for each ebilling vendor software package. Propose best practices for ebilling procedures. Develop and test, for specific clients, ebilling procedures outside the normal process.
- Set up and maintenance of client ebilling accounts in eBillingHub and third party vendor sites; submit timekeepers and rates for approval; keep all timekeepers and rates up-to-date on the sites; enter budgets. Review, analysis and uploading of client fee structures to vendor sites. Review eBillingHub enhancements.
- Maintain user accounts: adding/removing users, resetting passwords, assigning proper security levels, as required; review status reports, and matter profiles in various systems.
- Train Billing Specialists on ebilling submissions. Assist them with ebilling issues; ensure compliance with all electronic billing guidelines and client timelines.
- Meet with billing team, billing management and billing attorneys to discuss ebilling processes and any specific ebilling invoice issues, as needed. Communicate situations that may require Billing Manager follow up such as rate issues, delays in billing difficult requests, etc.
- Monitor and review e-billing submissions for accuracy; timely address all rejected invoices; research, resolve and reconcile ebilled invoice issues. Follow up and respond to correspondence received from ebilling vendors, and eBillingHub regarding the status of submissions. Involve the billing specialists, as needed, in correction and reconciliation of invoice(s) to ensure proper resubmission.
- Ability to troubleshoot ebilling software applications, identify potential and realized problem areas, summarize findings, and outline steps to obtain resolution of issues.
- Work with Credit & Collections team to ensure proactive follow-up on aged ebilled invoices. Monitor payment of ebilled invoices and coordinate appeals and short payment balances with the appropriate Credit & Collection Specialist. Set up, maintain ebilled invoice status updates in Firm’s Accounts Receivable/Collection database (ARCS).
- Advanced legal billing experience with 5+ years of experience handling high volumes of ebilling; working knowledge of ebilling software (examples: TyMetrix 360, Datacert, Serengeti, CounselLink). Advanced knowledge of LEDES format standards and UTBMS coding.
- Elite Enterprise, Aderant, CMS or similar software utilized in a legal or professional services firm preferred. Extensive knowledge of eBillingHub a plus. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Associate Degree in Business, Accounting or related field a plus
- Detail oriented and excellent organization skills. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Ability to troubleshoot issues through completion.
- Good interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with the billing team, collections team, billing attorney/secretary. Must be a team player and have superior customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to cyclical periods, peak workloads, new assignments and deadlines in order to work effectively within a fast paced environment. Flexibility to work overtime, as needed, to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clark Hill is seeking to hire a Senior Marketing Manager for its Detroit, MI office. This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer. In close collaboration with the CMO, this position manages the firm’s internal and external marketing communication strategy and related marketing technology. This is a highly collaborative role that manages activities and processes that play a critical role in support of the firm’s strategic objectives.
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Business Development Team to develop content and design of internal and external firm communications, including print and online advertising, email marketing campaigns, marketing collateral and other materials
- Projects a consistent application of the brand at the highest levels, across digital, social, and print media.
- Enhances and develops firm communication templates for ads, collateral and email communications and enforcement in use thereof
- Refines and further develops firm’s brand standards and enforcement thereof
- Manages and reports on external communications platforms, including firm websites and social media
- Oversees firm mailing lists, enhances their development and ensures compliance in external communications
- Collaborates with the CMO and Event Marketing Manager to evaluate and make recommendations for enhancement of marketing-related technologies
- Provides hands on guidance and support in application and development of firmwide marketing and branding tools
- Develops and executes marketing programs for firm service lines and products from inception to internal and external roll-out, and subsequent reporting
- Coordinates with Event Manager to provide marketing support for firm events and sponsorships
- Provides marketing support for the firm’s diversity initiatives and charitable endeavors
- Manages the firm’s marketing budget
- Develops and applies process improvement across all marketing functions
- Evaluates vendor relationships with an eye toward overall systems integration, value and cost effectiveness
- Identifies and implements the most efficient way to centrally track marketing projects and provide regular reporting on activity levels
- Manages relationships with communications-related vendors
- Keeps up-to-date on industry trends and applies best practices to firm activities
- 7+ years of marketing communications experience in legal or another professional services environment
- 1-2 years of experience managing staff
- Bachelor's degree required in marketing, communications, business, or related field
- Confident communicator and presenter
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, and professional printing/publishing skills
- Organized, detail-oriented individual with strong project management skills, and ability to work on multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Ability to apply commercially creative concepts to a professional service setting
- Well-developed and sophisticated communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to relate to and gain the confidence of people at all levels within an organization
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Strong computer skills including Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of InDesign and other design programs a plus.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to Peggy Dilts at email@example.com
Clark Hill PLC is seeking an EDiscovery Project Manager responsible for managing projects in its five West Coast offices. This position is in the firm’s Information Governance and Discovery Services Group and ideally based out of the Phoenix or Los Angeles office. This role offers a very non-silo environment with strong opportunity for growth.
Primary activities include assisting case teams with preservation and coordinating client data collection, coordinating and making recommendations on processing, culling and ECA tools, full administration of review databases and running and QCing productions. Additional activities include budgeting, timeline development, and overall project planning. Administrative duties include assisting the Information Governance and Discovery Services Group in continual drafting and updating of best practices documentation, technology vetting projects, and some training and CLE work surrounding ediscovery.
Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of three years of ediscovery experience preferably within a law firm or professional services firm. Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree. Candidates with a JD, RCA or PMP certifications are preferred. Successful candidates will have superior problem-solving skills, strong project management skills, and exceptional attention to detail. Knowledge of current technology, including Relativity, is required. Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume to Emily Berttucci, Legal Recruitment Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “EDiscovery Project Manager” in the subject line of the submission email. (Placements through external recruiters will not be considered at this time.)
Clark Hill PLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer