Clark Hill's bipartisan Political Law team has direct experience with federal and state campaign finance and election laws, lobbying compliance, and government ethics. Several of our team members have served as elected officials and staff in the executive and legislative branches of federal, state, and local governments, as well as serving in senior roles in political campaigns and political parties. Our experience includes:
- Representation of corporations and trade associations with respect to federal Lobby Disclosure Act filings, and Congressional ethics and gift rule compliance.
- Representation of corporations and individuals regarding industry specific Federal pay-to-play rules such as SEC Rule 206(4)-5, MSRB Rule G-37, and the proposed CFTC rule.
- Representation of corporations with respect to multi-state lobbying, ethics, and state and local "pay-to-play" rules compliance and reporting.
- Federal and state PAC and FEC "SuperPAC" formation, reporting and compliance.
- Government Ethics counseling.
- Providing strategic counsel to political campaigns and political party committees.
- Congressional and Executive branch investigations.
- FARA and FCPA Compliance.
- Tax-Exempt Organization formation and guidance and Sec. 501(c)(4) and 501(c)(6) organizations political and issue advocacy activities.
- Election contests and recounts.
- Political and First Amendment litigation.