Corporate • Finance • Immigration • Energy • Transportation
Real Estate • Franchise • Manufacturing • Family Office
se habla espanol
In order to provide clients with the benefit of coordinated services on cross-border matters involving Mexico and the U.S., Clark Hill Strasburger and the Mexican law firm PBP Abogados, S.C. (PBP) have formed two affiliated law firms.
- Clark Hill Strasburger & PBP, S.C., a Mexican firm that provides services through attorneys admitted to practice Mexican law
- Palofox Barrita & Pérez Ortega PLLC, a U.S. firm that provides services through attorneys admitted to practice law in Texas, New York, and other States of the U.S.
Together, the Clark Hill Strasburger/PBP firms advise clients on:
how to conduct business in either country;
how to protect assets located in and businesses operating in either country;
investment-based and corporate immigration matters, including compliance issues;
the security of assets and investments;
the intricate nature of impact investing, cross-border lending (both secured and unsecured), and other financial transactions;
tax strategies and compliance with tax laws, including the U.S. Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA);
trade compliance, transportation, and logistics when importing/exporting goods internationally;
how to comply with both the Global Anti-Corruption Law and the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practice Act; and
dispute resolution, including enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards.
The Clark Hill Strasburger/PBP firms include attorneys in the International team of Strasburger and the attorneys of PBP with substantial international experience in:
- forming new enterprises (ranging from startups to subsidiaries), joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, dispositions of assets, financing transactions, capitalization (including private placements of securities and corporate governance)e;
- emerging markets finance, including infrastructure, water, power, oil and gas, renewable energy, mining and roads;
- the development of new financing and investment vehicles for borrowers, banks, investors, and investment recipients initiating or expanding operations;
- U.S. immigration matters, including investment-based immigration, as well as immigration compliance and long-term immigration strategies;
- international trade compliance, including NAFTA, valuation and classification, resolving customs penalties, obtaining CTPAT enrollment and verification, commodity classification, licensing, record-keeping and recording requirements;
- negotiating and drafting complex nationwide and international logistics and supply chain management contracts;
- emerging issues related to crowdfunding, including regulation of issuers and portals, reporting obligations, and ongoing regulatory developments; and
- areas related to commercial contracts, franchising, distribution, and information technology issues.
The Clark Hill Strasburger/PBP firms collaborate with our clients to gain a comprehensive understanding of their immediate and long-term business goals. We provide practical legal advice that helps our clients achieve those goals and protect their business interests.