As the most populous country in the world, China is an integral part of the global economy. From manufacturing to R&D to service-based companies and beyond, doing business between the U.S. and China requires legal counsel well-versed in both legal systems and both cultures.
Whether you’re an American doing business in China or an Chinese doing business in the United States, our experienced team of attorneys and our international affiliates in the China Practice Group can work with you from startup to incorporation to operations, in either country. We’ve represented a wide variety of U.S.-China business interests. Our clients have come to us from North America and China alike.
As a multidisciplinary practice group that crosses the borders from the U.S. to China, we bring the ability to handle all facets of cross-border business, and even provide suggestions on how to make the interactions of the two countries’ laws work in your favor in terms of corporate structure, compensation and other issues. We help our clients grow, whether they’re American companies doing business in China, Chinese companies doing business in the U.S.
One of the American leading full-service law firms, based in the Midwest with strong Midwest values, Clark Hill has the capability to be a one-stop shop for any international business issues, including assisting a client in transferring personnel from one country to another, acquiring real estate, patenting R&D breakthroughs, EB-5 Visa’s or defending against litigation. Our team combines legal expertise with the appropriate language skills and cultural sensitivities to work on your behalf.
A few examples of our experience include:
- Represented Major Chinese Clients with acquisition of U.S. Company
- Represented large and small US manufactures to conduct business in China, including advising on business structure, sourcing contracts and establishing Wholly Owned Foreign Entities.
- Protected intellectual property and software rights in matter involving IT company doing business in Chin and the United States from cyber-theft in China
- Serve as corporate counsel to international consulting firm made up of Chinese Nationals
- Provide immigration, tax, and corporate counsel to U.S. automotive subsidiary of Chinese corporation
- Consulted with Chinese-American Citizen regarding international tax and estate matters
- Worked with several Chinese clients on H-1B and EB-5 Visa applications
- Interface with Chinese Attorney Affiliates regarding U.S. client's intellectual property rights
- Assist Chinese companies seeking to enter the U.S. market with full service representation (employment, real estate, tax, immigration, corporate) and assist U.S. companies seeking to do business in China
- Act as General Counsel and helped to establish one of first Chinese language School in SE Wisconsin